Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Trillium Friday

On the way into Toronto on Friday, I came across this field of Trilliums. The difference was, it was on the verge of someone's property and they had obviously groomed the area, so there was no plethora of fallen dead leaves, no weeds, no messy twigs and branches.

I spent about half an hour shooting (I was under some time pressure). Besides, the blackflies were just out of their winter hibernation and they were voraciously hungry for human flesh. I had left my tripod at home, but I had an old one with me that I use as a stand for my external flash. It has a broken leg latch, but better than nothing!

Anyway, here are some images. I must have shot 50 different views and I don't know which one or ones I like best. I processed these a variety of ways. Please feed back which one or ones you like or dislike!


I actually painted this one using the mixer brushes in CS5


CAF (Content-aware Fill) was used to add flowers in the foreground. There was a gravel path there. I used Topaz Adjust to bring out the detail.


Obviously I used Topaz Adjust to bring out the detail. Not much else -- It really did look like this!



This is kind of over the top but I just liked the look. This was a 3-exposure HDR processed in Photomatix Pro.

Enjoy!

-- 30 --

No comments:

Post a Comment