Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Starting Fresh!

Wow! It's been over a year since I last posted here. I'm not a "blogger"! The trouble is, I can't imagine why anyone would want to read my daily ramblings, so I don't know how to write it. Who is my audience? Why am I doing this?

Well I fancy myself a writer. I want to share my thoughts and events with people. Maybe someday this will be part of my "Legacy".

That's something I think about. When I die, I want to leave something behind. Until this moment, I thought my photos would be my legacy and I'm looking at compiling them into a book some day. But words can be my legacy too. Again, I have to settle on who my audience is before working out how and what to write down.

Back to photos: that's my passion right now. I don't think I'm great at it, but I'm pretty good. Composition -- seeing that image -- is my biggest challenge. I'd love to be able to take a course and learn more about it. Here's a picture I love, that I took last fall:


So what's new in my life since I last posted? Lots! I'll try to write more about them later, but here's a short list:

  • I met Iris and we've moved in together. She's the lady in my life.

  • I learned I have another cancer -- prostate. It's slow moving, so I don't expect it will be a problem for a while. I also have a urinary problem that doesn't look like it's going to go away.

  • I bought this house up in Minden. I say "this house" because that's where I am while I'm writing this. Here's a picture of the living room:




Anyway, time to stop for now. I have work to do. I'll try to continue this tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment